Thursday, June 16, 2011

Happy birthday

On June 16, 2006 I started this here blog. From the first post and my excitement to be in New York, to the heartbreak of giving up a dream.

This blog has seen me at my lowest - unemployed, suffering ACTUAL heartbreak, medical woes and lonely as hell. It has been witness to my humourous attempts at finding a romantic partner - every shitty date, speed dating, and even an international romance (here, here and here). It has seen me travel the Far East, Europe twice, and many many road trips.

I feel like I have grown with this blog. When I look back at older posts, I can see it, in my actual writing and the thoughts behind the writing. My life today doesn't look like it did in 2006 - thank goodness. My life today is grown up, with a job that makes me happy, in a city that isn't as bad as I originally thought.

So there she be. Five years of a blog that no one, other than me, gives a shit about. Thanks Internet for making a narcissist out of me and helping me share it with anyone who wants a read. Or those who happen to Google any of the following:

  • "iris dias" bitch brown girl
  • fun things to do when your awake at 6 in the morning
  • gay morinville (My personal favorite)
  • my girlfriend invited me to passover
  • all of a sudden, i am obsessed with shoes
  • cute italian boys
  • have a debaucherous time in vegas
  • irisdias sucks shit blog
  • olympic theme jello shooters

Happy birthday blog. You've been my most stable outlet for the past five years, and for that I am forever grateful.

2 comments:

Corey Fischer said...

Congratulations on 5 years! You know, things happen so quickly in cyberspace, that using the traditional Gregorian calendar doesn't really work.  Realistically, a year on the internet translates to about 10 days in real life.  So actually your blog is 182.
Congrats, nonetheless.

Iris Dias said...

Gregorian - any link to Moonbeam?