Sunday, December 13, 2009

What the what?

My life is riddled with confusion - mainly centering around boys, but confusion nonetheless.

This latest confusion comes from across an ocean and several time zones away.

After Vegas, the one boy that was worth remembering and I became online buddies. We chatted, flirted, exchanged German pleasantries, it was nice.

Until I woke up one morning and he had disappeared.

DISAPPEARED.

The things is, all in all, I thought we had developed, at a minimum, a friendship that warranted more than a disappearing act. A 'Hey, that picture you have up is gross, I don't want to talk to you anymore." or a "Because we don't live in the same country, I am going to become a priest."

Anything really.

But that is the thing about random people - you have no idea about their real life. He may have been married or had a girlfriend or a murderer or so many other things.

And of course, while I know there is a rational explanation to it all, the first thing that popped into my head was, thoughts of his death. I had fears of being Miranda and losing a cute boy to death.

Ugh.

Yes, that is right. My name is Iris and I am perpetually perplexed by people with penises.

No comments: