Friday, November 27, 2009

I've been found out, so now I'll never explore

A couple of months ago I heard about The XX through Miss Parlour and, well, I kinda thought they kicked ass.

When I bought their cd, I knew, they did kick ass. That cd is seriously, easily, one of the best I have heard this year, and, in case you haven't noticed, I have been listening to a lot of good music lately.

Sarin and I got tickets to their show the moment we found out they were coming - and this was months ago.

A few weeks ago, Lis bought a ticket and a flight to come out for the show.

This is how excited we all were for it. Seriously, the cd is ridic and if you don't love it, well, I think you might be stupid.

Anyways.

The show was tonight, and well ... it was lackluster.

First, the sound licked elephant balls.

Second, with an album as good as theirs, you forget that they are a relatively new band. That their shit isn't as tight as say, well, The YYYs shouldn't surprise us. I mean, he actually warned us about that.

But, as Miss Sarin stated, 'It felt like we were watching my buddy's band in high school."

They just weren't as ... perfect as I had hoped.

This doesn't mean their cd isn't brilliant or that they aren't headed for greatness, just that their first show in Vancouver left something to be desired.

I still heart The XX

1 comment:

SBomm said...

So true! The lackluster live show didn't take away from the fact that the album is awesome! And you are stupid if you don't like it. Or you should get your hearing checked.

By the way, I didn't read this before I wrote mine. I think this is more proof that we essentially share the same brain.