Saturday, July 25, 2009

Write Way

FYI - I have to run to the store, and might not make it back in time - hence the early post. I hope this doesn't disqualify me, but I need some food, and not pizza. I will continue the regular blogging schedule when I return.

My apologies.

I had no idea I liked writing. I remember applying for the PR program at MacEwan and wondering - why do I have to be a good writer?

I get now, why I had to be. All I do most of the time is write - press releases, strats, media plans, yada yada yada.

But that isn't the reason I love writing. I love writing here and for my personal benefit. Sitting down, at a computer and putting your thoughts down is cathartic and so much cheaper than therapy!

I don't think I am the best writer in the world, and I kinda don't care. I just really like writing.

And I am so thankful for it. My memory isn't the best, so writing has provided me with vivid recollections of things I would normally forget. It has helped me express thoughts that I cannot do verbally.

Yes, I am emotionally fucked up. Shut it.

I grew up not really understanding that there was this kind of outlet, but here it is. Thank goodness. My friends would get really annoyed with me otherwise.

No comments: