Saturday, July 25, 2009

Why can't we be friends?

Ok, I go on ad nauseum about my friends.

They are great, I love them, blah blah blah.

But here’s the thing – the people I surround myself with don’t feel like just my friends. These people have become my family.

Sure some of them are third cousins, once removed, that I only talk to once and a while, but they are still people that I can share anything with (well, almost) and they don’t judge me.

I am very particular about most things in my life (except the boys I date) and my friends are no exception. I refuse to like people too quickly – I have been burned by that before – but I am willing to dislike people really quickly.

But seriously, I have had a really great core group of people in my life for a very long time, and it feels like with every year, that group expands. Just when I thought I was done making friends, I went and made some more.

It’s like magic.

Well, actually, it’s a lot of work. There is a lot of time spent on the phone or texting or emailing or whatever.

But in the end, I guess it’s actually worth it.

Hmm ….

No comments: