Saturday, July 25, 2009

(Shoe) WHORE!

At last count, I had 79 pairs of shoes.

That was over a year ago.

There are many more now.

I don’t know what it is exactly, but shoes, to me, are an addiction. I know many women who feel this way, but holy shit am I out of control.

I have expensive shoes – one pair of Manolos, one pair of Choos. I have inexpensive shoes – Payless is an incredible source for affordable, but cute shoes. I have shoes by designers I have never heard of before. But all of my shoes, I feel, have been a steal of a deal.

Oh, you want proof now?

Manolos and Choos were each under $125, thanks to an online consignment store. I once bought a pair of lime green Prada wedge sandals for $25 at DSW. Century 21 gave me great deals on two pairs of Dolce & Gabbanas and a pair of Cynthia Rowley. I also have many (so many) Payless, street market and other discount shoe types in my closet. (I just don’t love them as much)

I couldn’t imagine trying to pick a favorite – they are like my children.

My dad was disgusted when I put up a shoe museum in my living room. A bookshelf full of shoes – the perfect display for my little pieces of art.

Now, I want to go shopping.

sigh

No comments: