Saturday, July 25, 2009

Long walks to ...

Anywhere really.

I love walking - it gives you a wee bit of exercise, but also gives you some quiet time to collect your thoughts and move through them efficiently.

Walking became a part of my routine in Edmonton. I would enjoy a little time with some friends, and walk walk walk.

When I was in NYC, walking, well, it was an adventure. Something new every day - a new building, a new park, a new pizza place, a new everything. I really think - the best way to see a city is to walk it. You'll get a whole new perspective.

Tangent: Which is one of the reasons I couldn't do LA. So not a walking city. Ew.

I returned from NYC without a car and was forced to walk - I love Edmonton, but Edmonton transit leaves a lot to be desired. So long as it was -5 or warmer, a walkin' I would go.

Then, I couldn't really walk anymore. It was difficult and embarrassing and I didn't want to leave my house. Sia dragged me out and walking was back.

I now appreciate walking so much more though.

And now my walks include a little beach time, a water taxi ride and still, some friends.

No comments: