Saturday, July 25, 2009

Edmonton

This might be lengthy, I am just going to warn you.

I get it, I live in Vancouver. I don't hate it anymore, so whatever.

But, regardless of where I live, Edmonton will always be my home.

For me, there is nothing like landing in Edmonton. I just feel like I am home.

Regardless of where I stay or who I see or if I even get to see anyone, Edmonton is and always will be, home.

The thing about this city that I love is the small town vibe of it.

Sure Edmonton has its drawbacks - the urban sprawl and reliance on cars comes to mind - but all-in-all, I think it is the best city in the freaking province.

I will never understand why Calgary gets all the love. Just because they are almost close to the mountains?

Proximity to beauty does not inherently make you beautiful - FYI.

I don't think I could explain what I love about the city, and granted, so much of it is tied to the people that are still here (see nickname post, most of those nicknames have Edmonton addresses)

One of the things is that Edmonton has the friendliest people ever. I will never understand why it is so hard for Vancouverites to smile at other human beings.

I loved Edmo even when I was in NYC. And we all know how much I loved NYC - if that couldn't get me to stop missing my Northern Alberta outpost, nothing will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's fun to say "hi" to vancouverites while walking. they get so weirded out.

p