Tuesday, January 20, 2009

You've got to be kidding me

I have said it before, and I will say it again, I have the best friends in the world. For so many reasons.

They put up with me, they are there when I need them, they get why I am dysfunctional and never judge, but this year, my friends blew me away.

Well, they actually flew me away.

As you all know, I am a big fan of birthdays - the only day dedicated to you, yada yada yada. Last year, my birthday was depressing. I had just broken up with P3, I hated Vancouver, I had just gotten some bad news. Life sucked. Hard.

This year, I was kinda looking forward to it, but I was wondering - what the fuck am I going to do and who the fuck am I going to invite?

Then I got a call - it seems Chunk and Ally decided to gather a group of my closet friends and pool together to buy me a ticket to come home. EEEK! Who the fuck does that?!

And not only that, they had arranged to have parties on Friday and Saturday night.

Who the fuck does that?!

Well, my friends do, that's who.

It's ok, be jealous of me. I would be if I were you. These people constantly amaze me. I at no time feel as though I have done anything to warrant this kind of friendship. Believe me, I recognize everday how lucky I am to have people in my life like this.

Being in Vancouver has made me realize this all the more. The one thing this city will never have, no matter how hard it tries, are my nearest and dearest. It will never have the heart that Edmonton does.

Never.

So, thanks guys. I just hope that one day, you will get how much you mean to me. Because seriously, you do.

No, seriously, I wasn't being sarcastic.

No comments: