Thursday, January 29, 2009

A glorious feeling

January has been VERY busy for me. Between the culmination of the holidays and my birthday and us being short-staffed, I have been tired for a good chunk of the month.

So fucking tired.

Most of my time has been going to one project at work, and while the meat of the project doesn't take that long, the background shit takes forever.

FOREVER.

There is a consistent deadline, so I have nothing but my procrastinating ways to blame for having to work till the last minute.

But there is something about a tight deadline that makes me work ... better.

And when the project is done - let me tell ya - yay!

Tonight, I finished the project. There will be minor edits tomorrow, but the painful part is done. I always make a little treat at the end of a busy period. I get silly drunk and not think about work for a couple of days.

It is my own little carrot.

So, that is what I will be doing this weekend. Killing a few brain cells and giggling the stress away.

Who needs massages?

No comments: