Monday, February 18, 2008

Goodbye dear friends

Have you ever loved something so much, you got sad at even the thought of it not being around in the future?

Has this thing ever been a pair of shoes.

I know what you are thinking 'Again with the shoes?'.

But these shoes were perfect. I bought them several (I am thinking like six) years ago from Gravity Pope. The have been through some of the best times of my life with me. My first trip to NYC, every vacation, great dates, not so great dates, my broken ankle (I actually broke my ankle in them, thanks, of course, to Jarod) and countless other memories.

If you have ever met me, you have seen them. I have been in them constantly. They are the perfect pair of white and black Reebok slip-ons. (I hate laces)

These shoes have been inching closer towards death for the past little while now. I have resisted buying replacements because I just want to wear these for as long as possible. They don't make the style anymore and all other styles pale in comparason.

Well, I finally did it. I broke down and bought a new pair of Adidas. The are close, but not nearly as cool.

I would like to take a moment to mourn the loss of a pair of dear friends. But, as long as there is breath in these lungs, I promise you, I will search for a shoe repair store I trust enough to bring you back. Back to the point the kids in Brooklyn were commenting on how cool my kicks were.

I PROMISE!


R.I.P.
Reeboks
2002 - 2008

No comments: