Friday, November 09, 2007

Home is where?

I have grown to like living in Vancouver. I don't love the city the way I LOVED New York - nothing will ever be like that - but I two great reasons to be in the city, and that is that. Vancouver is where I shall stay.

That doesn't mean I don't get to be excited as a pig in poop to come back to Edmonton. Because I am SO excited to be in Edmonton.

Let me explain a little. My move was quite the whirlwind experience. I actually lied to my current employers during my interview - I told them I was living in Vancouver already. That is fine, but when they ask you to start in 5 days, it makes for a little panic and a lot of missed goodbyes.

I didn't get to say goodbye to most of the people who have made Edmonton what it is to me ... home.

So this weekend I decided to come home. And holy shit am I excited!

No comments: