Monday, March 05, 2007

Ummm ... not so much.

Rejection sure is humbling and boy have I gotten used to it this year. All of a sudden I went from an employable individual to, apparently, a career-pariah.

Great. I just went through three (yes 3) brutal interviews for a job. I didn't even really want this job. I just applied for it for shits and giggles.

Guess who got the last giggle? Not I.

But I was apparently really close and that is supposed to make some sort of difference. Close doesn't count. "If there were two positions, you would easily get the second"

Well there isn't, so shut up. Shut up, shut up shut up.

I am glad to know your decision was difficult, because so were the three interviews you put us through. So is finding out you didn't get the job.

I am going to get fat and work at the front desk at the Metterra Hotel for the rest of my life. Or until I yell at a guest and get fired.

My life has taken a remarkably sharp turn to the depressing. Awesome.


i

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are smart, beautiful and dog gone it, people like you!!