Saturday, January 27, 2007

Friday Night Lights

I have been trying to have random fun in Edmonton. I mean, I was able to do it in NYC, so why not here? Wednesday, I called a friend to see if she wanted to go to a discussing at the Power Plant, we didn't make it, but the attempt was there. So, Friday night, she called to see if I wanted to go to an art exhibit / dance party. Yeah, I do!

I met them all there. The art exhibit was marginal at best. Pretentious artist types with odd pieces I will never fully 'get'. We then decided to go downstairs for the dance party. Holy Moly was this a good party. The scene was a little too scenester-cool for me (I HATE being stressed about what I chose to wear. I know, shallow, but it is ALWAYS a concern of mine) but the music was great and after a few beers and the company of some friends, I was dancing my butt off.

This party was very reminiscent of the party Jarod, Steve and I went to in NYC. The crowd there was a little more welcoming, but the same sort of deal. Good times had by all.

I love random phone calls to do random things. And this was a great one. I got to hang out with people I totally enjoy hanging out with, but don't really get a chance to hang with. And they are cool so I am hoping I will be, because of association, thought of as cool. What do you think? Possible? Meh.


i

No comments: