Thursday, December 21, 2006

Shallow Like A Puddle

This is how I have described myself on numerous occasions. I am. I like clothes and pretty things, and I like to look good. So sue me.

My shallowness has left me in a bit of a conundrum. I am here in NYC, one of the fashion capitals of the world, and feel very inadequate. I love my clothes, but I want to look GOOD! Not just ok. Stuff that is fine in Edmonton, well is it ok here too? It wasn't that big of a deal this summer, because summer clothes are whatever, sandals, tank top and shorts. Easy, winter is when the clothing decisions become harder. Do I go with a chunky sweater or a light top and layer it? If I layer it, will I look chunky? And shoes! Winter shoes aren't nearly as pretty as summer shoes. ARGH! I have been pacing in this small apt for an hour trying to figure out what to wear to go shopping. And it also sucks because I don't have anyone to bounce outfit ideas off of.

Ok, I am going to peel myself off this chair, and go into my bedroom and find something, ANYTHING to wear. Wish me luck.

Wow, I am REALLY superficial.


i

No comments: