Thursday, December 14, 2006

Bittersweet Symphony

I am getting ready for a Christmas vacation. Where you wonder?

I am returning to New York City for the Christmas break. Excited? Sorta. It will definitely be bittersweet. New York is supposed to be beautiful this time of year. Christmas cheer (bah) everywhere. The window displays, skating in Central Park, seeing the Rockefeller Centre tree, showing my dad why I heart NY.

Sure, that is all great, but let's not lie. New York broke my heart this year. I was supposed to be living there right now. Acting like an actual New Yorker. But instead I sit at the hotel, getting frustrated with the bellmen, and work a job that I don't really want to be at.

So, yes, I am a little sad to be going back without working there, but hey, at least this way I will be able to look back fondly on my memories of the city, rather it making me horribly sad.

Oh, and the other super exciting thing, is Jarod and Steve are going to be coming down to NYC for New Years. It is going to be one cramped little apt on the UES, but hey, I like to cuddle.


i

3 comments:

Ronnie A said...

Way to get back up on the horse girl. I'm so proud of you. You Jarod and Steve will be in New York, I'll be in Bankok... Should be a good New Year's!

Eve said...

what about me you me jerk!! Im going to NYC tooo!!!!!

You are offically de listed as my BBF.

iris said...

I was going to do a seperate I AM SO EXCITED FOR EVE TO COME post.

I have to save things I am excited for, and our birthday trip is after New Year's. I am sure you are aware of the lack of interesting things going on in my life.