Thursday, September 07, 2006

Are You Ready For Some Football?

I know I sure am! Me likey some football and tonight is the first game of the season! YAY! Now, I am hopeful that my beloved, but heart-wrenching Raiders will do better this year, but let's not lie. I doubt it. I have become one of those cynical people (weird, me cynical) who doesn't believe anything until they see the proof. Hopefully there will be some proof soon.

My biggest challenge this year is going to be watching the games. You see I am, for the first time in my life, cable free. That is right. I have no ESPN to watch Countdown on! Can you imagine!? This was my Sunday ritual of years past, go out Sat night, wake up at 9 AM to watch countdown, clean a little, then plop down on the couch with some beer and munchies for the rest of the day. No wonder I packed on the pounds in the past few years. But this year because I will be living on a fixed income, I will be having to choose which games are the most important to me (Raiders) and see where they are playing and watch only those ones. I can't be sitting in a sports bar all day spending money and drinking my life away. Can you imagine? Ok, I can, but I just can't do it! This is when you are supposed to hear violins playing in the background of my sob story. So sad.

Well I should go and get ready to watch this game! YAY!!! T-minus 140 minutes to kick-off!

Go LONG!!

i

1 comment:

p said...

wooot!

da footeball

hey iho
just got my mini-pack tix
i ended up winning the lottery to buy a mini-pack

double wooot